1. M.A.S.A. is Maharashtra Association Of Schools of Architecture. MASA is formed for improving
the quality of Architectural Education through various academic activities addressing the Students, Staff, Professionals and Society in the state of Maharashtra. The member institutions of MASA are
self financing Institutions from the State of Maharashtra with commendable track record of providing quality education in Architecture. The member institutions are represented through their Principals and Head Of the Departments (Architecture) as members of the association.
2. Prior to year 2005the Aptitude test for Architecture was conducted by Directorate of Technical Education for the entire state of Maharashtra. However, in year 2005, the system has undergone major changes due to the Supreme Court full bench decision on Writ Petition No. 317 of 1993 and subsequent G.R. of Directorate of Technical Education Maharashtra State No. 2003/(133/2003/TE-1) dated 16th April 2003. For academic session 2003 – 2004, the admission to first year B-Arch course were done by the individual institutions. It has been observed that the aspiring students had to appear in a number of Aptitude Tests conducted by various Institutions separately thus leading to unnecessary harassment and expenditure. In the year 2005 following directive of the Supreme Court, the Pravesh Niyantran Samiti permitted the MASA to conduct the Common Entrance Test (Aptitude Test) for management and minority quota seats in Architecture for its Member Institutions for the academic session 2005-2006.
3. National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) is being conducted throughout the country by the National Institute of Advance Studies in Architecture (NIASA) a Academic Unit of Council of Architecture as a common Entrance Test for the Admission in 1 st Year of 5 year Degree Course in Architecture in India.
4. MASA Successfully conducted the ‘NATA' as a common Entrance Test (CET) alongwith centralized allotment-Process its Allotment receiving centers (ARC) of MASA member institutes which was Authenticated by NIASA-Council of Architecture (COA) and Pravesh niyantran Samiti (PNS) for the Admissions of academic year 206-2007
5. This year onwards The National Aptitude Test (NATA) is being made mandatory by the Council of Architecture vide their Notifications and Public Notice dated 29 th December,06, 2 nd April,2007,18 th May,2007 respectively.
6. Following the Council of Architecture Notification Ref.No. CA/5/Academic dated 18 th December,2006,MASA decided to join the NATA-Examinations and to conduct the centralized Allotment Process MASA-(CAP)- 2007 as per the permission of Council of Architecture.